Quid Pro Quo

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Smoke, Smoke, Smoke

about 10mins ago while i was standing in my toilet having a smoke. i think to myself, god damn, there sure is a boat load of stuff i got to do. i hate having a time frame to keep me on the straight and narrow. but hey with a person like me, its imperative that i do or bugger all gets done. for some strange reason, i get this vision of a thousand angry bearded mongols staring at me. horses all grunting and hoofs clumping on the floor, all waiting to charge at me. its still cold, for me, and since i dont understand Mogolian, it don't matter that they are screaming stuff at me.

i have to get my car registration in to the vehicle center so its legally mine. the paper work is still folded neatly in a lil square and tucked into one of my wallets compartments. i just had a phone conversation with my brother who is back in Singapore. why is it so hard for him to understand that with me, choices that i make are ultimately determined by his views. yes, we all get to exercise free will and the God given right to choose, but damn it, its never an 'ultimately the choice is yours' after getting a bad review from you.

there are 7 units of different apartments in this block that i am currently staying in. there are 2 locked up garages that are balloted for use between the 7 units. 1 communal laundry room that consist of a washing machine that works by adding coins to the slot and a dryer that does the same. why the hell does the main water pipes run through my unit, such that when the water system goes down south, i'm the fool that has to stay home for the plumber for the benefit of all the other residents. i'm not complaining because i can't 'take one for the team', but who the hell designs water pipe systems like that man?! isn't it supposed to lie outside living quarters?

by now the toilet that i'm in is starting to look pretty smoky. bad bad ventilation. its got a thin glass slate that allows air to come in and dont go out. beauty. work or art this place is. of all the wild dingos that had a choice to design this place, i get stevie wonder and charles manson. oh did i mention the cat flea problem? its gone now, but i'll write about it some other time. it's funny now that the fleas are gone.

after my 5th stick, i decided to vacate the toilet. i can barely see the toilet fixtures now. my eyes are tearing and my hair smells funky already. they are hitting their shields against their huge spears, goading the horses to their full height. the noise is deafening. more shouting in Mongolian ensues. fine, the toilets all yours. i'll go watch telly.

its hard to sit right with spears in your back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home