Quid Pro Quo

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Crap, Crap, Crap!

its been so long since i washed my car. the poor boy has been covered in dust, then rain upon then air dried, only to have the whole process repeated again. winter is a cars worst enemy. having wet weather to contend with the need to have a shiny car, its obvious to see who the winner is going to be. a totally letagic owner also never helps. half read bits of yellowed newspapers litter the back seat. half a pair of socks tucked beneath the seat. lolly wrappers. parking coupons. sand. tiny rocks. mysterious screws that appear each time i decide upon a little adventure behind the car dash. i take out 10 screws, only to find 4 spares after all the bits are in. strange. chances of something major happening without those 4 extra screws? nil. well, that's what i tell myself anyway.

today, i decided to give it a nice once over. a good clean and wash. although long over due, but not forgotten, is the duty that i had sworn to myself the day i bought my car that i would keep it in as clean a state as time permits. bucket in hand, and sponge filled with suds, i washed him then dried him with my trusty faux-leather chamois. mmm...standing back i admire the lustrous shine that was hidden beneath the dust shell that had formed before. after that i cleared the throngs of trash that littered the back. it had so much paper pieces that any hamster lucky enough to have entered my car, would have found the perfect hamster utopia. gone, all gone. every single last scrap of paper, all removed. after all that i scan the finished product. nice. shine and clean finally. time to go out for dinner with my darling and my clean car. mmm...

we were almost at the restaurant that my darling picked and made bookings for. then it happened. i ran my car up someone else's rear. i was trying to switch lanes, because i was stuck behind a car line that placed me inside the on coming traffic box. so i signaled, and turned. crack. i could see bits of plastic pieces from the headlight protector chipping, and taking flight. drove to a quiet lane with lesser traffic to exchange details and survey the damage. glancing at the guys bumper that i clipped, zero damage. looking at my front head lights, squished. he was nice, he said, his was an old sturdy bomb, no biggie. in fact, i think he felt sorry for my car.

sigh.

it seldom rains, it only pours.

3 Comments:

Blogger waiz said...

my poor baby... wish i could've done something. i've failed as co-driver. a scream or a *wait wait wait* woulda coulda shoulda have had an effect. don't worry too much k. kirby'll come back from the panel beaters nice and brand spankin new again. have faith and u'll see.

the sun always comes after the rain.

Sunday, September 12, 2004 12:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

Well... I'm sorry to hear about the car, but glad that (in reading between the lines) you didn't report any injury to either of you.
: )

Sunday, September 12, 2004 10:23:00 PM

 
Blogger bleed-me said...

only thing that was heavily injured then was my ego. and in about a weeks time, it will probably be the wallet that sustains heavy injury. :0)

Sunday, September 12, 2004 11:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home