Quid Pro Quo

Friday, July 30, 2004

Strum, Strum, Strum.

it has probably been almost 5 years since i last picked it up. i kinda forgot i had it really. somehow it just faded into the back of my memory that i owned a Gibson, Les Paul. i remember a time when all my waking hours were consumed by it. i would spend time playing on it by myself. when it was too late to crank up the volume, i would play it with headphones on. either that or i would play with it without it being plugged in. during commercial breaks while watching telly, i would practice a particular lick to a song that i had choose to learn back then. if i wasn't playing with the Les Paul, i would be playing on the acoustic Fenders i also had. i would play before i slept, when i woke up, with my friends or carry it all over the bloody place. it was part of me, part of who i am. it was a skill to be proud of. i remembered that when i came to Perth, i made sure that i hand carried it with me into the plane. i was not going to leave it to chance with the baggage handlers. if by a stroke of bad luck it got damage on the conveyor-bag-belt i probably would have kill all the baggage handlers. if it was, God forbid, stolen, i would have done the postman-gone-nuts mad rampage, kill everyone with a spray of bullets with my machine gun then kill myself scenario. the Ax was that important to me.

now i am at a brand new place with my baby. i found both my Ax's stashed up in their cases while i was moving house. it was so strange. i just loaded them into the truck and when i arrived at the new place, i tucked them nice and safe in the store room and there they both lay.

today, i went with my baby to the music store to get 2 sets of strings, one for each Ax. restrung them and had a go. wow. been awhile, been a long long time. somehow they both slipped into an area of my life where i no longer cared for them. strange. its time for me to get reacquainted with them. play fingers play.

Shed a tear cause I'm missin' you, still alright to smile. Girl I think about you everyday now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

Have you kept playing since that day? Or did your uncalloused fingers scare you off of it...
; )

Saturday, September 11, 2004 9:09:00 PM

 
Blogger bleed-me said...

well, its with a friend now on loan, so...heh heh wish i had it :)

Sunday, September 12, 2004 11:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home