Quid Pro Quo

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Hammer, Hammer, Hammer.

i get excited when i work on cars. i always do. no surprise there with guys and automobiles. i enjoy getting down and dirty. it could be rewiring an extra light to fit beneath the dash, or installing a brand new deck. simple or hard, as long as i'm fiddling in the car, my attention is full on, locked to the task at hand.

this time round, i am helping my baby upgrade her sound system in her car. last week, she got herself some nice hardware to add into her car. she bought a nice 12" sub and a brand spanking new amp to boost the max decibels her current system can throw out. so my end of the deal is to install it all in for her. i promised to make a nice custom boot sub-box for her. i already procured all the necessary bits that are needed for the little project.

my enthusiasm got the better of me today. i was going to take it slow in completing the project, on account that i wanted to prolong the whole process of fixing it bit by bit. cause the way i figure it, if i finished it all in one shot, there did be no more fun things for me to play with. try as i did, i failed. i couldn't stop myself. each time i set a new finishing task to end, i did a little more instead. in the end, i finished constructing the whole job. i couldn't resist the temptation. i had inevitably lull myself into the pretense that i could actually pace myself. even though i failed to make it last longer, i had a damn good time finishing it in record time. you win some and you lose some.

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line,
engines pumping and thumping in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home