Quid Pro Quo

Sunday, June 20, 2004

I Know, I Know, I Know.

do you know how often i stare at you when you lay there in deep slumber? i know i just kissed you on your cheeks a minute back, but i miss your soft skin already. your rosy peachy hue still peers through, the blanky you hold so tight to cover your face to veil you from the cold draft from the standing fan. i inch closer to your warm body to cuddle you, and you instinctively mould your body against mine. i shield your eyes from the dim fluoresce light coming from your dresser by putting my arms close to your face. you would kiss my arm once and fall back into deep sleep.

i can feel your soft breath against my arm, so i bend down to kiss your cheeks once more. i sweep your hair covering your face and stare at your closed eyes and lashes. i see your little fist bunched up underneath the blanky and smile to myself. so little, so cute. you often ask me why i love you so much. i say, what's not to love?

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone...it's not home when she's away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home